Security Update:VMware has released security updates to address CRITICAL and MODERATE vulnerabilities in various VMware Products.
Date and Time
VMware has released security updates to address CRITICAL and MODERATE vulnerabilities in various VMware Products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware ESXi, Workstation and Fusion) VMSA-2017-0006 - VMware ESXi, Workstation and Fusion Product Updates Resolve unutilized memory usage at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2017-0006.html
- VMware ESXI
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player
- VMware Fusion Pro / Fusion
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow an unauthorized attacker to take over the system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security