Salesforce @ UCSF
Salesforce.com is both an application and a platform with a variety of uses.
UCSF has a Software as a service center for excellence specializing in Salesforce. The Salesforce team is part of the Software-as-a-Service Solutions team, providing a center of excellence for Salesforce implementation and vision.
UCSF utilizes Salesforce.com across many departments and groups:
- including research applications (Athena Breast Health Network, Participant Recruitment System)
- clinical applications (Concierge Services, External Physician Referrals, Nursing PI Surveys)
- academic applications (GME Program Management, Honors and Awards), and
- administrative applications (Enterprise Chatter).
Benefits of using the UCSF Salesforce platform include:
- Low cost, pay as you go licensing model
- HIPAA compliant security, application flexibility and scalability
- Faster, iterative application development
- Single sign-on security through MyAccess
- Pre-built integrations with UCSF enterprise datasets
- Easily reuse applications built by others
- Self-service reports
Our focus is on providing solutions that utilize existing Salesforce.com applications, configured to fit UCSF specific use cases, such as:
- contact/person management: staff, students, faculty, alumni, patients, referring physicians, & donors
- case management: requests for UCSF services and information
- contract management: contracts and other agreements
- crowd-sourcing/idea generation: web based suggestion boxes
- collaboration: enterprise social networking