This content is viewable by Everyone
Box: Access Stats
If you want to find out which, if any, collaborators have been previewing or downloading your file:
- Box has an Access Stats feature that lets you view your file's access history.
Accessing via stats logo
- Click the number to the right of the bar chart logo under your file name. The number shows how many times the file has been accessed by a collaborator who is not the owner.
- This will take you to the file’s Access Stats. You can see when a folder has been previewed or downloaded and by whom.
Accessing via Properties
- To view your Access Stats, select the button next to your file, scroll down to Properties and click Access Stats.
Access Stats FAQs
When I looked in the Access Stats of one of my files, it showed that I had accessed my file on a day when I wasn't in the office. What happened?
- A number of actions made by services, such as Box Edit, Box Sync and CipherCloud, are displayed as being performed by the user.
- There is a way to check to see if a file has been accessed by a user or a service.
- You can open a ticket and ask us to check if a person or a service has accessed your file.