Steps to follow
Follow the instructions below to set up a new folder in Box.
Step 1. Click the + New button and select Folder.
Step 2. In the pop-up window that appears, enter the folder name.
- Select Keep private for now to keep the folder personal.
Step 3. To create sub-level folders, click the top-level folder to open it, then repeat Steps 1 and 2.
- Folder names have a limit of 100 characters; file names have a limit of 255 characters.
- File and folder names do not support:
- The characters < > : “ / \ | ? *
- Ending with spaces
- Ending with periods
- Windows has a 255-character limit on the whole path.