This content is viewable by Everyone
Box: Invite Collaborators
Only a folder’s owner, co-owner, or editor can invite collaborators. Learn more about the different permission levels.
Steps to follow
- Click on the folder to which you'd like to add collaborators.
- Click the Invite People button to the right of the page.
- Type the name of the collaborator in the Invite text area.
- Select the collaborator’s permission level in the Invitee Permissions drop-down menu.
- After confirming your selections, click Send Invites to finalize your selection.
Once you've started to invite collaborators to your folder, they will show up in the Collaborators section.
After you've invited a collaborator to your folder, your collaborator will receive an email that looks like the one below.
If the person has a UCSF Box account, the link will direct them to log in via MyAccess. If the person is an external collaborator and does not have a Box account, he or she will need to create a free Box account by following these instructions.