This content is viewable by Everyone
Locking a file for editing
- Preview the file by left-clicking it.
- Click the button above the Preview window.
- Select Lock file.
- After you have selected Lock File, you can adjust how long you would like to have the file locked.
- Select the desired time frame in the Lock duration drop-down list.
- If you would like the file locked indefinitely until you decide otherwise, select the Until unlocked duration.
- You can also choose 5 min, 15 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month or 2 months.
- Click Lock to save your settings.
Unlocking the file you previously locked
To unlock the file, go back to the Preview window and select Unlock file.
You can also lock files via Box Sync.
- Go to your Box Sync folder, right-click the file you want to lock, mouse over Box Sync and select Lock File.
- Locking the file this way will lock it indefinitely until you unlock it.