This content is viewable by Everyone
Multi-factor (Duo) aPeX Manual Enrollment
Welcome APeX Connect Portal users!
*** HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING INTO CONNECT PORTAL? You can resolve most problems by clearing your browser cache.***
Completing your Duo enrollment: follow these instructions if you don't have the email with the subject Duo Security Enrollment from [email protected].
1. Install the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone. It is the most convenient, easy-to-use option and it's free.
To download the app, click the appropriate link below for your smartphone, or search for "Duo mobile" in your phone's app store:
If you do not plan to use your mobile phone with Duo, skip to step 2.
2. Go to connect.ucsfmedicalcenter.org and login with your APeX username and password.
3. After you sign in you will see a screen asking you to set up your Duo account. You will only be asked to set up Duo once. Click Start setup to continue.
4. Select the type of device you will use to verify your Duo account. A mobile phone is recommended, since you are likely to have it with you at all times.
5. Enter your phone number.
6. Confirm that the phone number you entered is correct by checking the box next to it, then click Continue.
7. Select Call me or Text me to verify that the number you entered belongs to you. In this example we will click Text me.
8. After clicking Text me you will receive a text message at the number you entered, with a 6-digit verification code.
9. Enter the code and click Verify. If the code matches, you will see a green check mark next to Verify. Click Continue.
10. You have added your phone! Click Continue to Login.
11. You have successfully enrolled in Duo! You can now use Duo for logging into all Duo-enabled applications. You can find more information about logging in here: Multi-factor login experience (Duo).