Detect the presence of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) is an enterprise wide application used for the protection against intrusion. It includes protection for Anti-Virus, Malware and network layer attacks. SEP is available on both Macintosh and a Windows based platforms.
Identifying whether or not SEP is installed and functioning properly on a machine is critical in keeping your computer safe. To determine what version of SEP is installed on your computer, please visit our SEP for Windows or SEP for Mac documentation.
To determine if SEP is installed on your computer, follow the instructions below:
- Method B: Clicking on the "Desktop Tile" will bring up the desktop where a hidden tray arrow icon will reveal a shield icon.
- Method A: A new tile for "Symantec Endpoint Protection" is added when SEP is installed.
- Method A: A system tray icon on the lower right of the desktop will also display the shield icon if Symantec Endpoint Protection is present. The icon may be hidden and can be seen by clicking on the triangle button.
- Method B: An entry for 'Symantec Endpoint Protection' will be added under "Start" > "All Programs"
- Method A: The right side of the Menu Bar, should have a yellow shield icon allowing access to the application.
- Method B: Go to 'Applications' Folder > 'Symantec Solutions'