Registering A Departmental Owned Device
The purpose of this of this process is to allow individuals and departments to create and manage department owned devices.
IMPORTANT: This process is only for department owned devices.
- Navigate to the Employee Self Service Page (https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/) or http://help.ucsf.edu
- Select IT Security (1).
- Select Device Management (2).
- Click Register/Manage Device (3).
- Verify the Request By (4) information is correct, then select the Device Type (5).
- Complete the Search By (6) information.
- If the device is not registered the following fields are required:
Name (7), Manufacture (8), Model Name (9), Category (10), Operating System and Version (11), BixFix Exemption Reason (12), Status (13), Protection Level Classification (14), Assigned To (15), Managed By (16), Device Administrators (17), Building Location (18), Device Location, Description (20).
IMPORTANT: Only the users listed in the Assigned To, Managed By or Supported By fields will be able to update the device.
- Once complete, check the Assentation Check Box (20) and click Order Now (21).
- When complete, the system will generate a RITM Number
Registered Device without Access
If the device was previously registered, a Pop-Up box will present non-confidential information about the device.
- To request access to the device Click OK (23).
- Click the Please Click Here to Request Access (24) Link at the bottom of the form.
- Enter the Device Name (24) and click Order Now (25).
- The request will be sent for review and approval.
- If approved, return to the Employee Self Service Page (https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/) to complete the request.