IT Security and Privacy Awareness Champion Program Overview and Resources
The IT Security and Privacy Awareness Champion Program is designed to strengthen UCSF’s culture of cyber-security by engaging and empowering individuals throughout the organization to help ensure safe computing.
- Work with management to help encourage all department users complete the annual mandatory Cybersecurity Awareness Course.
- Encourage department users to participate in activities on the IT Security Awareness site (https://awareness.ucsf.edu).
- Work with management to help Identify department IT employees with privileged account access and assure they participate in advanced IT security training.
- Work with management to promote security and privacy policies.
- Distribute and market IT security awareness with posters and other materials.
- Work with management to help promote campus-wide IT security initiatives like Secure Box.
- UC has a Systemwide IT Security Awareness Team that develops and curates materials on current IT Security Topics. Materials include everything from min-campaigns to individual videos and posters. The material is available at: https://security.ucop.edu/resources/security-awareness/index.html.
- UCSF IT and the the Technical Commons can come to your department to present an overview of UCSF's IT Security Requirements and Resources. To request a presentation, please contact IT Security Training and Awareness Program Manager, Esther Silver 415-476-7273.
- Periodic educational events. From time to time, UCSF IT Security hosts authoritative speakers on relevant topics as well as other educational events. To view material from past meetings or see what is coming up please go to our IT Security Educational Meetings Page.
- Advanced Training on LMs. There are many advanced cyber security courses to take and prepare staff for advanced certifications. For information on advanced cyber security courses available on the LMS, please go to the Advanced IT Security Training Offerings Page.
- UCSF IT Security Policies are available at: https://policies.ucsf.edu/. IT Policies begin with 650.
- UCSF IT Security Standards, Best Practices, and Procedures are available on the IT Security Services Page at https://it.ucsf.edu/services/category/Security.
- Minimum Security Requirements Checklist at https://it.ucsf.edu/sites/it.ucsf.edu/files/650-16_minimum_security_standards_checklist-v5.pdf.