Next Generation Voice Project
IT is proud to announce a new state-of-the-art Unified Communication (UC) solution—appropriately called: Next Generation Voice at UCSF. This advanced system will improve employee collaboration while decreasing service costs to departments campus-wide.
The new UC solution is comprised of Cisco VOIP phones, Cisco Unified Communications and Microsoft Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging (UM) voicemail technologies. These platforms replace the legacy Centrex and Siemens voice systems, as well as the Octel and Siemens Xpressions voice messaging systems. These legacy systems are being retired, and all of UCSF will upgrade to the new Cisco solution.
UC technology will provide UCSF users with a multitude of features and capabilities:
- Soft Phones (PC-based Phones)
- Voicemail integration with email (Exchange)
- Mobile phone integration
- Voice over IP (VoIP) phones
- Instant messaging/chat
The following additional capabilities will be evaluated at a later date:
- Audio/Video and Web Conferencing
- Voice over Wi-Fi
Cisco phones will be rolled out to your building after the network infrastructure has been upgraded to support them. We will contact your department when your building is ready.
Cisco Phone Quick Start Guides
- Cisco Phone Model 8851 - Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Cisco Phone Models 7841 - Quick Start Guide Part 1 (PDF)
- Cisco Phone Models 7841 - Quick Start Guide Part 2 (PDF)
- Cisco Phone Models 7821, 7841, 7861 Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Headset Ordering Information
For information on how to order a headset that will work with your new phone: Headsets