Creating a Signature
When you need to sign a document for the first time, DocuSign will lead you through the process of adopting a signature. You can also access the same signature-adopting interface at any time to edit your signature and initials.
You have three options for adopting a signature and initials. All options are equally secure.
- Choose a font and adopt your name and initials in that font
- Write your name and initials with your mouse on your computer or with your finger on a tablet or smartphone
- Upload a scanned version of your handwritten signature
Setting up your signature
- If you have not signed a DocuSign document before or set up your signature, when you click on the yellow signature tag or the initial tag , a pop-up window prompting you to select a signature will appear.
- If you want to edit your pre-existing signature, you can reach the signature-editing screen by clicking Edit to the right of MY DOCUSIGN ID on your home page, scrolling down to Signatures, and then selecting Edit or by clicking your profile image, selecting My Preferences, scrolling down to Signatures, and then selecting Edit.
Adopting a signature and initials
Option 1 - Font Selection
On a computer, a default font will be used for your name and initials. To access the different fonts available, select Change Style.
Option 2 - Drawing signature and initials
If you prefer to draw your signature, click on DRAW and then a box will appear where you can draw your signature and initials. This is the default on a mobile app.
Once you are satisfied with your signature, click ADOPT AND SIGN.
Option 3 - Uploading scanned signature and initials
To upload a handwritten version of your signature, you will need to access the Adopt Signature page. The following two methods are:
- Click on Edit to the right of MY DOCUSIGN ID on your home page, scroll down to Signatures, and then select Edit. Click on Manage Signature and then choose Upload on the next screen.
- Click your profile image, select My Preferences, scroll down to Signatures, and then select Edit. Click on Manage Signature and then choose Upload on the next screen.
Select the file that you want to use. It must be a .png, .jpg, .bmp, or .gif file that is less than 200kb. You will also need to upload an image for your initials.