Cisco Jabber UC is an all-in-one secure communication tool which lets users view the availability of their enterprise contacts, instantly communicate using instant messaging (IM), escalate an existing chat session into a desktop sharing session with one or multiple users, and transfer files securely. Cisco Jabber UC also integrates with Cisco WebEx conferencing service, allowing users to join WebEx meetings directly from their desktop Jabber client.
Faculty, staff, students and affiliates with an UCSF Active Directory account.
How to Request a UC Jabber Account:
Download and install the appropriate Cisco Jabber UC client for Windows or Mac Operating Systems from the UCSF Software download site. To get IT help, contact the Service Desk online, or via phone at 415-514-4100.
UCSF's current Cisco Jabber UC implementation supports following features:
- Chat securely with one-to-one or group IM
- Add Cisco Jabber UC contacts directly from the UCSF corporate address book
- View your contacts' availability status (Available, Away, etc.)
- Display your own availability
Screen/Desktop Sharing and File Transfers
- Share your desktop content with other Cisco Jabber UC contacts
- Securely transfer files to and from other Cisco Jabber UC contacts
Integration with Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- View, add, and cancel meetings in your Outlook calendar
Integration with WebEx Meeting (UCSF WebEx account required)
- Take advantage of integration with the WebEx meeting application to quickly schedule and launch WebEx web conferences directly from Cisco Jabber UC
- Upgrade your online chat with two or more contacts to a WebEx meeting