Analog Phone Features
If you have a 9316 analog phone set:
Call Forward Universal
Call Forward allows you to redirect your calls to another phone or voice mail system.
To activate Call Forward
- Lift the handset and dial 51, listen for confirmation tone
- Dial the number you want your calls to forward to (6-6100 for voicemail)
To cancel Call Forward
- Lift the handset and dial 52, listen for two short beeps
Phones in your department may be arranged in a Call Pickup group. This feature allows you to answer any ringing telephone within your Call Pickup group.
To answer a ringing phone
- Pick up your handset
- Dial 56
- You are connected to the call
Last Number Redial
This feature allows you to redial the last number you called
To redial the last number
- Lift your handset
- Dial # twice
- The system will automatically dial the last number you called
The Message Waiting indicator alerts you that a message is waiting in your voice mailbox.
To retrieve voice messages
- Lift the handset and dial 6-6100
- Follow voicemail prompting
If this is a new voicemail box, to initialize your box use the temporary password 759759
When you receive a busy signal when calling someone on-campus Ring Again can alert you when his or her telephone becomes free.
To use Ring again
- You’ve dialed a busy extension on campus
- Press Transfer/Link/Flash button and dial 58
- Hang up
- When the telephone you called becomes free your line will ring
- Pick up your handset and you will be connected to the party
- If you do not respond your Ring Again request is cancelled.
To cancel Ring again
- Lift your handset and dial 58, it is now cancelled.
This feature allows you to program and store 30 telephone numbers. They can then be dialed automatically by dialing a code. (Use codes 00-29)
- Lift the handset and dial 54. You’ll hear a confirmation tone then steady dial tone.
- Dial the two-digit code, start with 00.
- Enter the number you wish to store. Remember to dial 9 if it’s off campus plus area code if needed.
- Press the pound sign (#) and listen for confirmation, two beeps. Your number is now stored.
- Continue to program with code numbers 01, 02 etc. through 29.
To use Speed Calling feature
- Lift your handset and listen for dial tone
- Press the (*) and the two digit code for the number you wish to call
- The number is automatically dialed for you.
When you are on the phone and a second call comes in this feature will notify you that a call is waiting. You may answer the second call without disconnecting the first.
To answer a call waiting
- While talking on the phone you hear a tone that a second call is waiting
- Press Transfer/Link/Flash and dial 53
- You are now connected to the second call and the first call is automatically placed on hold.
- To return to the first caller, press Transfer and dial 53. You can alternate between calls by pressing Transfer and dialing 53.
This feature allows you to park a call at your phone and retrieve it at any other phone within the Centrex.
To Park a call
- While active on a call press Transfer and dial 57, you will hear a confirmation tone (two beeps) your call is now parked. Inform your caller they will hear silence while parked.
To retrieve a Parked call
- Go to any other phone, pick up the handset
- Dial 55 and the 5 digit extension of the phone your call was parked against
- You are now connected to the caller
Call Transfer/3 Way Calling
This feature allows you to transfer a call to another party or establish a 3-way conference call.
To transfer or set up a 3-way call
- You are active on a call, press Transfer and dial the other parties number
- Press Transfer and all three parties are connected. To complete a transfer just hang-up.