Digital Phone Features
Forward All Calls
Call Forward allows you to re-route incoming calls to another UCSF phone.
To set Call Forward:
- Press CALL FWD. The diamond indicator beside the Call Forward key flashes.
- Dial 5 digit phone number to which you want to redirect your call
- Press CALL FWD again. The diamond indicator beside the Call Forward key is solid.
To cancel Call Forward:
- Press CALL FWD. The diamond indicator beside the Call Forward key goes OFF.
Transfer a Call
Call transfer to another phone within your system using Transfer. You can either remain on the line when you make the transfer or simply redirect the call.
To transfer a call directly to another telephone:
- Press TRANSFER or TWC (3 way calling) button
- Call the person whom you want to transfer the call. When the person answers, you can talk privately - the original caller cannot hear your conversation. If the line is busy or if the person does not answer, press Rls to return to the original caller.
- Press TRANSFER or TWC to complete the transfer and disconnect yourself from the call.
To transfer a call by establishing a conference:
- While on the current call, press TWC. The current call goes on HOLD automatically. You hear three beeps followed by the dial tone.
- Dial the number of the new person you want to add to the conference. When the person answers, you can talk privately - the original caller cannot hear your conversation. If the line is busy or if the person does not answer, press Rls to return to the original caller.
- Press Transfer/TWC to establish a conference. You can now speak with both parties.
Press Rls to disconnect yourself from the call and complete the transfer
Message Waiting indicates when there are messages in your voice mailbox.
To retrieve messages:
- Pick up phone (which automatically selects the primary directory number).
- Press Msg Wtg.
- You will be automatically connected to voicemail.
Please note: only works when there is a message indicated.
C.O. Features for 5316 Phones
When enabled, C.O. Features allows the programmed features for the three buttons below the program key to function.
To enable/disable C.O. Features in place of the Save, Memory, and Pause keys:
- Press “<<< >>>” until “C.O. Features?” is shown on the display.
- Press “<<< >>>” until the desired setting is shown.
Press HOLD to save the new setting.Press PROGRAM or Rls to exit Programming mode.
Time and Date for 5316 Phones
To set the time and date:
- Press PROGRAM.
- Press “<<< >>>” until “Time and Date Set?” is shown on the display.
- Press HOLD.
- Enter the date using the format shown on the display.
- Enter the current time based upon the 24 hour clock.
- Press HOLD to save the new time and date settings.
- Press PROGRAM or Rls to exit Programming mode.
Handsfree Calling for 5316 Phones
The Handsfree feature allows you to use the built-in microphone and speaker to carry on a phone conversation. While using Handsfree, speak clearly—raise your voice a little if you move away from the phone. You can also use the MUTE feature to turn off your microphone. MUTE is useful when background noises interfere with your conversation or when you want to speak privately with someone at your desk.
To answer a call using Handsfree:
- Press HANDSFREE instead of picking up the receiver.
- If you wish to speak privately with the other person, pick up the handset. HANDSFREE turns off automatically.
- Press Rls to end your call.
To use Handsfree during your call:
- Press HANDSFREE and replace the handset in the cradle.
- To speak privately once again, pick up the handset.
- Press Rls to end your call.
To MUTE your microphone while on a Handsfree call:
- Press MUTE.
- To turn your microphone on again, press MUTE once more.