Security Update: Apple Rleased OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 and Security Update 2013-004
Date and Time
Apple released and OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 and Security Update 2013-004 to enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates where Apple will post the full report.
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server 10.6.8
- Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 to v10.8.4
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date software could allow a hacker to take control or expose sensitive data.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have a computer support coordinator (CSC), no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have a CSC or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained from the Software Update pane in System Preferences, or Apple's Software Downloads web site.