Security Update: Apple Released Xcode 5.0 to Address a Serious Vulnerability
Date and Time
Apple announced the release of APPLE-SA-2013-09-18-3 Xcode 5.0 to address a serious vulnerability.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates where Apple will post the full report.
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.4 or later
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date xCode may allow an unauthorized individual to intercept user credentials or other sensitive information
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have a computer support coordinator (CSC), no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have a CSC, Xcode 5.0 is also available from the App Store. It is free to anyone with OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion and later.
To check that the Xcode has been updated:
* Select Xcode in the menu bar
* Select About Xcode
* The version after applying this update will be "5.0".