Security Update: Apple Releases Security Update for Various Mac OS X Platforms
Date and Time
Apple released OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 and Security Update 2014-001 to address several vulnerabilities in various Mac OS X platforms.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to About the Security Content of OS X Mavericks v10.9.2 and Security Update 2014-001 at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6150.
- Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 to v10.8.4
- Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9
- Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Multiple vulnerabilities exist; the most serious could allow an attacker with a privileged network position to intercept user credentials or other sensitive information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have a computer support coordinator (CSC), no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have a CSC or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained from the Software Update pane in System Preferences, or Apple's Software Downloads web site.