Security Update: Apple Released iOS 7.1 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad 2
Date and Time
Apple released iOS 7.1 updates for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad 2 and later to address multiple vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222 where Apple will publish the security updates.
- iPhone 4 and later
- iPod touch (5th generation) and later
- iPad 2 and later
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date iOS could allow an unauthorized individual to take control of your device (most severe impact of exploited vulnerabilities).
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have IT Support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT Support or they do not support your iPhone and/or iPad, updates may be obtained through iTunes only.
Since the automatic update process may take up to a week depending on the day that iTunes checks for updates, Apple recommends you manually obtain the update via the "Check for Update" button within iTunes. After doing this, the update can be applied when your iPhone is docked to your computer.
- Apple Security Update at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Security at http://security.ucsf.edu