Security Update: Apple Released OS X Mavericks v10.9.3 Update
Date and Time
Apple released OS X Mavericks v10.9.3 update to enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to About Security Update 2014-002 at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6207 for the full report.
- Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- Mac OS X Mavericks v10.9.2
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Visiting a maliciously crafted website or opening a malicious file with out of date software could allow a hacker to take control of your computer or expose sensitive data.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained from the Software Update pane in System Preferences, or Apple's Software Downloads web site at http://support.apple.com/downloads/.
- Apple Security Update - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- ITS Security & Policy - /security