Security Update:Apple Automatically Disabling Older Versions of Flash Player Due to Vulnerability
Date and Time
Mac OSX Adobe Flash Player Users
Apple released APPLE-SA-2014-07-10-1 to announce the availability of Adobe Flash Player updates, which addresses a recently identified Adobe Flash Player web plug-in vulnerability.
Due to security issues in older versions, Apple has updated the web plug-in blocking mechanism to disable all versions prior to Flash Player 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates where Apple will post the full report.
- Mac OSX Adobe Flash Player all versions prior to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
If the version of Adobe Flash plug-in you are using is out of date, you may see the message, "Blocked plug-in", "Flash Security Alert” or "Flash out-of-date" when attempting to view Flash content in Safari.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Apple’s Adobe Flash Player Updates Available for OS X at https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5655 for instructions on how to update Adobe Flash Player.
- Apple Security Update at https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- Apple’s Adobe Flash Player Updates Available for OS X July 10, 2014 at https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5655
- ITS Security & Policy at /security