Security Update:Adobe Releases Updates to Address 30 Critical Vulnerabilities Affecting All Adobe Flash Player Users
Date and Time
All Adobe Flash Player Users
Adobe has released security updates to address for more than 30 Critical vulnerabilities in Flash on Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Adobe Security Bulletin – APSB15-19 - Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player - https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-19.html.
- Adobe Flash Player for all platforms
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
You may not be aware you’re using Adobe Flash Player and other Adobe products but it is freely available on most web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari). And out dated programs may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu.
- If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.
- On how to obtain updates refer to Adobe Security Bulletin – APSB15-19 - Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player - https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-19.html.
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security