Security Update:Apple Released Yosemite 10.10.5 and Security Updates for Yosemite and Mavericks to Address Several Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
OSX Yosemite and Maverick Users
Apple released OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and Security Updates for Yosemite and Mavericks to address several vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to About the Security Content of OS X Yosemite v10.10.5 and Security Update 2015-006 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205031.
- OS X Mavericks v10.9.5
- OS X Yosemite v10.10 to v10.10.4
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date software could result in the exposure of sensitive data or bypassing security settings.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained from the Mac App Store or Apple's Software Downloads web site: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/.
- Apple Security Updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security