Security Update:Microsoft Releases Revised Security Bulletin MS15-099 to Announce the Release of Updates for Microsoft Office Mac 2016 Users
Date and Time
Microsoft Office Users
Microsoft released an update to Security Bulletin MS15-099 (Critical) which was included in their Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2015 update. The revision is to announce the release of an update for Microsoft Office for Mac 2016.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary MS15-099 - Critical at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms15-099.
This security update is rated Critical for all supported editions of the following software:
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Office 2013 RT
This security update is rated Important for all supported editions of the following software:
- Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011
- Microsoft Excel for Mac 2016
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
The vulnerability, if exploited, could allow an unauthorized individual to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary MS15-099 - Critical at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms15-099
- IT Security – https://it.ucsf.edu/security