Security Update:Adobe Released Critical Security Updates for ALL Flash Player Users
Date and Time
Adobe Flash Player Users
Adobe has released security updates to address multiple Critical vulnerabilities in Flash Player on Windows, OS X, Linux, and Android operating systems.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Adobe Security Bulletin – APSB15-32 - Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player - https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-32.html.
- Flash Player
- Adobe Flash Player for all platforms (Windows, OS X, Linux, and Android operating systems)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
You may not be aware you’re using Adobe Flash Player and other Adobe products but it is freely available on most web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari). Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu.
- To verify the version of Adobe AIR installed on your system, follow the instructions in the Adobe AIR TechNote.
- If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.
- On how to obtain updates refer to Adobe Security Bulletin – APSB15-32 - Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player - https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-32.html.
IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security