Security Update:CRITICAL Security Issue in the VMware Client Integration Plugin
Date and Time
VMware vCenter Server, vCloud Director (vCD), vRealize Automation (vRA) Identity Appliance Users
VMware released security updates to address a CRITICAL security issue in the VMware Client Integration Plugin.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2016-0004 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2016-0004.html.
- vCenter Server 6.0
- vCenter Server 5.5 U3a, U3b, U3c
- vCloud Director 5.5.5
- vRealize Automation Identity Appliance 6.2.4
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to hijack your session.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2016-0004 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2016-0004.html.
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security