Security Update:Microsoft Releases a Critical (out-of-band) Update to Address Flash Player Vulnerability Affecting Windows Users
Date and Time
Microsoft Windows' Users
Microsoft released a Critical ‘out-of-band’ update, MS16-128, to their October 2016 updates to address the vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player affecting Windows’ users.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-128 - Critical Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3201860) at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS16-128.
Adobe Flash Player for:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows RT 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploit is available in the wild and is being used in attacks against Windows; and if exploited, it could allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- If you already applied the updates released on October 7, 2016 refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-128 - Critical Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3201860) at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS16-128; or
- If you have not applied the October updates, refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 2016 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms16-oct.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 2016 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms16-oct
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security