Security Update:Multiple Critical and High Vulnerabilities in Firefox and Firefox ESR
Date and Time
Firefox 50 and Firefox ESR 45.5 Users
Mozilla has released security updates to address multiple Critical and High vulnerabilities in Firefox and Firefox ESR.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 45.5 at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2016-90/
- Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox 50 at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2016-89/
- Firefox 50
- Firefox ESR 45.5
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, Firefox is setup by default to auto update.
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security