Security Update:Critical Security Update Released for Firefox, Firefox ESR, and Thunderbird
Date and Time
Firefox, Firefox ESR, and Thunderbird Users
Mozilla has released a CRITICAL security update to address a vulnerability in Firefox, Firefox ESR, and Thunderbird.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2016-92 (Firefox SVG Animation Remote Code Execution) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2016-92/.
AVAILABLE UPDATES FOR:
- Firefox 50.0.2
- Firefox ESR 45.5.1
- Thunderbird 45.5.1
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- Firefox is setup by default to auto update; and
- Thunderbird automatically checks for updates but needs to be authorized by user (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/updating-thunderbird).
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security