Security Update:Microsoft Released 8 Critical and 9 Important updates
Date and Time
Microsoft Product Users
Microsoft released their March 2017 updates to address 8 Critical and 9 Important vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 2017 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/SecurityBulletinSummaries/2017/ms17-mar.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft Lync
- Microsoft Silverlight
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an attacker to take control of your computer or disclose sensitive information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 2017 at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/SecurityBulletinSummaries/2017/ms17-mar
- IT Security http://it.ucsf.edu/security