Security Update:VMware has released a security update to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities in VMware vCenter Server.
Date and Time
VMware has released a security update to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities in VMware vCenter Server.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware vCenter Server) VMSA-2017-0007 - VMware vCenter Server updates resolve a remote code execution vulnerability via BlazeDS at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2017-0007.html
- VMware vCenter Server
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow an unauthorized attacker to take over the system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security