Security Update:Mozilla released security updates to address 3 CRITICAL vulnerabilities in Firefox and Firefox ESR
Date and Time
Mozilla released security updates to address 3 Critical vulnerabilities in Firefox and Firefox ESR.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2017-10 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox 53) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2017-10/.
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2017-11 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 45.9) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2017-11/.
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2017-12 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 52.1) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2017-12/.
Available updates FOR:
- Firefox 52 and below
- Firefox ESR 45.8 and below
- Firefox ESR 52.0 and below
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- Firefox is setup by default to auto update.
- If you want to do a manual update refer to Update Firefox to the Latest Version at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/install-and-update-fi....
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security