Security Update:Microsoft released their May 2017 updates to address 81 Critical and 157 Important vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products
Date and Time
Microsoft released their May 2017 updates to address 81 Critical and 157 Important vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for May 2017 https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance
- Adobe Flash Player
- Internet Explorer
- Word Automation Services
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows Server
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint Service Pack 3x
- Windows Defender
- Windows Intune Endpoint Protection
- Microsoft Project Server
- Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection
- Microsoft Security Essentials
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an attacker to take control of your computer or disclose sensitive information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 2017 at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/SecurityBulletinSummaries/2017/ms17-mar
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security