Security Update: VMware has released security updates to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities in several products
Date and Time
VMware has released security updates to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities in several products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2017-0015.1: VMware ESXi, vCenter Server, Fusion and Workstation updates resolve multiple security vulnerabilities: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2017-0015.html
- VMware ESXi (ESXi)
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware Fusion Pro, Fusion (Fusion)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow an unauthorized attacker to take over the system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security