Security Update:Mozilla released 2 Critical security advisories to address multiple vulnerabilities in Firefox 57 and ESR 52.5
Date and Time
Mozilla released 2 Critical security advisories to address multiple vulnerabilities in Firefox 57 and ESR 52.5.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2017-24 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox 57) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2017-24/
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2017-25 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 52.5) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2017-25/
Available updates For:
- Firefox ESR 52.5 and below
- Firefox 57 and below
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- Firefox is setup by default to auto update.
- If you want to do a manual update refer to Update Firefox to the Latest Version at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/install-and-update-fi....
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security