Security Update:US-CERT has identified Malicious North Korean Cyber Activity
Date and Time
Refer to Alerts listed below
US-CERT has identified Malicious North Korean Cyber Activity. The U.S. Government refers to the malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government as HIDDEN COBRA.
Advanced Users: For more detailed information, go to:
- Alert (TA17-318A) HIDDEN COBRA – North Korean Remote Administration Tool: FALLCHILL at: https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA17-318A
- Alert (TA17-318B) HIDDEN COBRA – North Korean Trojan: Volgmer at: https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA17-318B
- Refer to Alerts listed above.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an attacker to take control of an infected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to the US-CERT alerts listed above.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security