Security Update:Intel has released IMPORTANT recommendations to address vulnerabilities in the firmware of several products.
Date and Time
Intel has released IMPORTANT recommendations to address vulnerabilities in the firmware of several products.
Advanced Users: For the full Public Announcement refer to The Latest Security Information for Intel Products:
- INTEL-SA-00086 at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00086.html.
- 6th, 7th & 8th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v5 & v6 Product Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor W Family
- Intel® Atom® C3000 Processor Family
- Apollo Lake Intel® Atom Processor E3900 series
- Apollo Lake Intel® Pentium™
- Celeron™ N and J series Processors
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
If exploited, one of the vulnerabilities may allow an attacker take control of an affected system.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
Install the latest versions:
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer go to: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security