Security Update:Apple has released a security update for macOS HighSierra
Date and Time
Apple has released a security update for macOS HighSierra.
A security flaw has been detected in Mac operating systems, High Sierra 10.13 or greater. This vulnerability allows anyone to login to a Mac device and change administrative settings by typing in the username “root” with no password.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to:
- macOS Sierra 10.13.1 (About the Security Content of Security Update 2017-001) at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208315
- macOS Sierra 10.13.1
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, for update information refer to the update listed above.
- Apple Security Updates at https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security