Security Update:Microsoft released their December 2017 updates to address 48 Critical and 58 Important vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Date and Time
Microsoft released their December 2017 updates to address 48 Critical and 58 Important vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for December 2017 at: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Malware Protection Engine
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an attacker to take control of an infected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft Security Update Guide at https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security