Security Update:Apple has released security updates to address a HomeKit vulnerability in iOS and tvOS
Date and Time
Apple has released security updates to address a HomeKit vulnerability in iOS and tvOS.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to:
- Apple’s About the security content of tvOS 11.2.1 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208359.
- Apple’s About the security content of iOS 11.2.1 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208357
- Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation)
- iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air and later, and iPod touch 6th generation.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of affected HomeKit-connected devices.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, for update information refer to refer to Apple’s Security Updates listed above
- Apple Security Updates at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security