Security Update:Mozilla has released security updates to address 2 Critical, 2 High, and 1 Moderate vulnerability in Thunderbird
Date and Time
Mozilla has released security updates to address 2 Critical, 2 High, and 1 Moderate vulnerability in Thunderbird.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2017-30 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Thunderbird 52.5.2) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2017-30/.
Available updates FOR:
- Thunderbird below 52.5.2
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- Thunderbird is setup by default to auto update.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security