Security Update:VMware has released security updates to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities in vSphere Data Protection
Date and Time
vSphere Data Protection users
VMware has released security updates to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities in vSphere Data Protection.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0001: VMware ESXi, vCenter Server, Fusion and Workstation updates resolve multiple security vulnerabilities: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2017-0015.html
- vSphere Data Protection (VDP)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow an unauthorized attacker to take over the system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security