Security Update:VMware has released TWO Security Advisories to address CRITICAL and IMPORTANT vulnerabilities in multiple products
Date and Time
VMware has released TWO Security Advisories to address CRITICAL and IMPORTANT vulnerabilities in multiple products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0004: VMware vSphere, Workstation and Fusion updates add Hypervisor-Assisted Guest Remediation for speculative execution issue: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0004.html
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0005: VMware Workstation, and Fusion updates resolve use-after-free and integer-overflow vulnerabilities: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0005.html
- VMware vCenter Server (VC)
- VMware vSphere ESXi (ESXi)
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware Fusion Pro / Fusion (Fusion)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow an unauthorized attacker to take over the system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security