Security Update:Red Hat has released 2 security advisories to address potential Distributed Denial of Service attacks using Memcached
Date and Time
Red Hat has released 2 security advisories to address potential Distributed Denial of Service attacks using Memcached.
Advanced Users: For the full Advisories refer to:
- Preventing DDoS amplification attacks using memcached at: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3369081
- How to install and configure memcached at: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1160613
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
This misconfiguration could allow an attacker to exploit Memcached services as a reflection and amplification vector, causing unexpected volumes of traffic to be sent to targeted systems and networks.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
Review the security advisories listed above for the resolution.
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security