Security Update:Microsoft released a critical security update to address a vulnerability in the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine
Date and Time
Microsoft Malware Protection Engine users
Microsoft released a critical security update to address a vulnerability in the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine.
Advanced Users: For a complete description and affected software refer to CVE-2018-0986 | Microsoft Malware Protection Engine Remote Code Execution Vulnerability at: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-0986
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection
- Windows Defender
- Windows Intune Endpoint Protection
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system..
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to the Microsoft Security Update listed above.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security