Security Update:VMware has released one Security Advisory to address IMPORTANT vulnerabilities in vRealize Automation (vRA)
Date and Time
VMware has released one Security Advisory to address IMPORTANTvulnerabilities in vRealize Automation (vRA).
Advanced Users:For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0009: vRealize Automation updates address multiple security issues: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0009.html
- vRealize Automation (vRA)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow for a DOM-based cross-site scripting (XSS) attack. Exploitation of this issue may lead to the compromise of the vRA user's workstation.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updatesat https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Securityat http://it.ucsf.edu/security
QUESTIONS? NEED HELP?
- The UCSF IT Service Desk is available by:
- Web: http://help.ucsf.edu
- Phone: (415) 514-4100
- Hours: 24/7
- Parnassus: Visit Kalmanovitz Library, Room 240 during library hours.