Security Update:Mozilla has released a security update to address 4 CRITICAL, 5 HIGH, 3 MODERATE, and 1 LOW vulnerability in Thunderbird
Date and Time
Mozilla has released a security update to address 4 CRITICAL, 5 HIGH, 3 MODERATE, and 1 LOW vulnerability in Thunderbird.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2018-18) Security vulnerabilities fixed in Thunderbird 52.9: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2018-18/
- Thunderbird 52.9
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security