Security Update:VMware has released one Security Advisory to address an IMPORTANT vulnerability in multiple products.
Date and Time
VMware has released one Security Advisory to address an IMPORTANT vulnerability in multiple products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0019: Horizon 6, 7, and Horizon Client for Windows updates address an out-of-bounds read vulnerability: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0019.html
- VMware Horizon 6
- VMware Horizon 7
- VMware Horizon Client for Windows
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow an unauthorized attacker to obtain sensitive information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security