Security Update:Oracle has released a security alert to address a vulnerability in multiple versions of Oracle Database
Date and Time
Oracle has released a security alert to address a vulnerability in multiple versions of Oracle Database.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the vulnerabilities and updates refer to:
- Oracle Security Alert Advisory - CVE-2018-3110 at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/security-advisory/alert-cve-2018-3110-5032149.html.
- Oracle Database Server, versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 18
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- Oracle strongly recommends that customers remain on actively supported versions and apply Critical Patch Update fixes without delay.
- For updates refer to Oracle Critical Patch Updates, Security Alerts and Bulletins at https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/alerts-086861.html.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security