Security Update:VMware has released a Security Advisory to address a CRITICAL vulnerability in AirWatch Console
Date and Time
VMware has released a Security Advisory to address a CRITICALvulnerability in AirWatch Console.
Advanced Users:For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0024.1: VMware Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management Console (AirWatch Console) update resolves SAML authentication bypass vulnerability: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0024.html
- AirWatch Console
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow an unauthorized attacker to obtain sensitive information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updatesat http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Securityat http://it.ucsf.edu/security